Delivery Method: Virtual and/or In-Person at the Newmarket Public Library
In-Person Location Address: 438 Park Avenue, Newmarket, L37 1W1
OPTION 1 Day & Time: Wednesday, September 13, from 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
OPTION 2 Day & Time: Wednesday, October 11, from 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
OPTION 3 Day & Time: Wednesday, November 22, from 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Number of Sessions: 1
Course Facilitator: Patricia Okonta
Job Role: Certified RentSmart Educator and Case Manager
Course Materials: RentSmart Training Manual (provided in-person)
Through the RentSmart Training Course, you will learn:
- How to plan for housing, communication and budgeting.
- Identify what landlords look for in choosing a tenant.
- Improve your chances for getting the housing you need.
- Learn how to improve your rental references and how to improve your credit rating.
- Resources in the community.
- Your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
At the completion of the course you will receive a letter stating you have completed the training course which lets landlords know you are serious about being a responsible tenant.